How do I get an Order of Protection?
Orders of Protection are sought through Safe Homes/Rape Crisis Intervention Program. You are not required to file a report with the Sheriff's Office to obtain a Protection Order, however if you have filed a recent report, take it with you. There is  no charge or filing fee. You will need the address and personal descriptive information of the respondent (the person you are filing the Order against). The local  telephone number for Safe Homes is (864) 429-1666, if no answer call 1-800-273-5066.
Click here for an link to the "Protection from Abuse Act"